The European Tool Carrier

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Equipment Category Equipment The European Tool Carrier

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Jelmer
    Participant

Hello members,

Just recently I have joined DAPnet and I think is it is great modern source and commication method for topics related to draft animal power.

A short introduction to my background:
    I was born in the Netherlands on a conventional dairy farm. No horses there. When studying biodynamic agriculture at Warmonderhof I got exposed to drafthorses. Since then I worked on farms with draft animals in Europe, the USA and South America. In the States I spend several months amongst the Amish, wanting to see draft horse farming in a culture where it had never stopped. Like it has done in Western Europe.

Having an intrest in produce farming, I looked at many different cultivation machinery. For me the older European machinery still have a lot of potential to be upgraded for todays “dap” produce farming.
    In Europe there is are old horse machine that I call the “tool carrier”. It is a frame where different tools can be connected to. Making it versatile for different works in different crops. Made by different brands and some try to rebuild it.
    I want to share these machinery here on DAPnet and added the article to this post informs the reader to such a “tool carrier”.

Currently I work in the US and have shipped such machinery to the farm I work on. I have also shipped a tool carrier to South America where it is also used with succes.

All the Best,

Jelmer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jelmer
    Participant

Here is the file

Attachments:
    Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi Jelmer, I don’t think the file is attached. Did you use the attachments “browse” button? I find it when I scroll down. Hopefully we can find out today what happened to our screens – these attachment buttons were at the top. Talk to you soon, Donn

Jelmer
    Participant

Hey Donn,

Thanks for noticing, yes I did do that. The Word-doucment was too big… After that I thought I deleted the post to make another attempt later. That didn´t work either.

With this post, I tried too add the file again. If it didn´t work I will search for advice putting larger files on the network…

Attachments:
    Jeroen
    Participant

Hi Jelmer,

Welcome on the forum (from a fellow dutchman). If you convert your document to pdf format it will surely work.

Jean
    Participant

Great to see you on the forum. Looking forward to also seeing the attachment you are trying to attach.

Jean

Jelmer
    Participant

The tool carrier file

Attachments:
    Jean
    Participant

Jelmer, email me the file in whatever format you have it in and I will try to get it posted for you.

jmnvt@yahoo.com

Jean

Jelmer
    Participant

j

Attachments:
    Jean
    Participant

Here is page 1 of the pdf. I need to go feed a friend’s horses, I will do the rest when I get back.

Jean

Attachments:
    Jean
    Participant

What is wrong? It is small enough I converted it to a jpeg, nothing works. Crazy.

Jean
    Participant
    daniel grover
    Keymaster

Hi there Jean, It looks like you need to adjust the sharing settings on that drive doc to make it accessible to all, without a login. You can do this by opening the file within drive. On the top right is a button that says “Share”. Under the “Who has access” section, click “Change” and then choose the option “Public on the Web”. Click “Save” The “Sharing Settings” box should still be open. At the top of this box is a link (probably where you got the link which you’ve already posted. It says “Link to Share” above it. Copy this link to your post. Hope this helps!

Jean
    Participant

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4vZn0icKObLUFdzd21YM2w2a1U/edit?usp=sharing

I moved it to my home google drive instead of my work one. The work one did not allow anybody on the web. This one should work now.

Sorry about all this. I thought it would be easier 🙂

Jean

ethalernull
    Participant

Hi Jelmer,

Very interested in the tool carrier. How do the light cultivating tools like scuffles and wire weeders perform in rocky and heavier soils.

thanks,

evan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.