1st time plowing with walking plow

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Member Diaries 1st time plowing with walking plow

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LongViewFarm
    Participant

I guess we can get married now. Sarah and I plowed up our small 30′ x 120′ garden site with a walking plow this morning. My parents came along to help but we ended up doing a pretty good job, me driving the horses and Sarah running the plow. Not all the rows were straight, but we figured it out. The soil was very nice, if a little sandy but with NO rocks at all. I dragged it with a chain harrow and we have our seed bed ready. It only took about 1 hour start to finish. I thought we did well for amateurs.
    The plow was made by the Syracuse Chilled Plow Company. Does anybody know anything about them? It was given to me by Moriah Bilenky last year. I’ll try to add pictures

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    carl ny
    Participant

All I know about that plow is that there were quite a lot of them in this area back in the day. I think you more of them around here today than any other brand. JMHO

carl nny

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Jay, Looks great – and your views on marriage are much like my own. Congratulations to you both on a fine day of plowing. Hoping to hook Zeke to a spring tooth tomorrow.

Tom Coughlin
    Participant

nice Jay,how are Killian and Moose working out for you ? Nice to see them in a pic. .

LongViewFarm
    Participant

Thanks Tom, Killian and Moose are doing well. Semi-retirement I call it, as they only get out once or twice a week, sometimes only every two weeks. They stay sharp though and are really great after 203 days of straight work. Killian still wants to pull more.
    I meant to ask, have they plowed a lot before? They stepped right to it. Thanks again!

Draftee
    Participant

That looks great, Jay

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.