2 new mules at my house.

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Mules 2 new mules at my house.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    oldcowboy
    Participant

I got the blue molly about a month ago. She is a sweetheart. Rides and drives. Catch anywhere, etc. The red molly is a long yearling. I happened to be at a sale last Sat. and she came in. She was malnourished and wild as a jack rabbit. I could see she is going to be large. I have her leading some. I leave a small rope hanging on her halter right now and can walk up to her and catch her better each day. I am disables so am home most of the time so I can check regular to make sure she doesn’t get caught on anything. All I can say at this point is, working with young mules and horses sure was a lot easier back when. LOL

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jean
    Participant

Do you work with the blue molly around the new mule? Just curious, I find when I work with one of my horses that is steady, then work with the other one that is silly about new things he is better if he has seen his mate do it without issue before him.

oldcowboy
    Participant

Jean, I don’t get to work with the blue mule as much as I like due to health reasons. But yes when I work the blue mule or my Shire mare I always have the colt with us.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.