2 row riding cultivators

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Equipment Category Equipment Fabrication 2 row riding cultivators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Goranson Farm
    Participant

Hi Folks,

Wondering if anyone has photos or literature on 2 row riding cultivators. It would be wicked helpful to get shots of a 2 row McCormick Deering riding cultivator. Working to set up toolbars and tooling for our 6 foot wide 3 row cultivator Jonathan at crossroad cultivator and I designed. We plan on stacking fingerweeders, torsion weeders, and sweeps. Will definitely post photos when finished.

Also working on a McCormick Deering + lely tine weeder combo. Our 3 point hitch tractor mounted lely works extremely well on squash, sweet corn, and strawberries. Pretty sure the horse drawn model will be a weed killer!

Thanks,

Carl

Goranson Farm
    Participant

Did a bit more research and found photos of several John Deere two row riding cultivators. Still can’t get the necessary photos to determine how the toolbar spacing was changed via the central lever. Don’t know if McCormick Deering even made a two row.
    Here is a shot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dominiquer60

I saw a photo of 2 teamster each with a 3 abreast and a 2 row McD cultivator. The photo was in a Draft Horse Journal, if I come across again I will let you know what issue. Each cultivator has 2 pairs of single row gangs. Jonathan said he had a lead on 2 of them out west, but I never heard back from him.

Erika

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.