40 ac farm for sale in KY – Great Start!

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Market Place Buy/Sell/Lease Real Estate 40 ac farm for sale in KY – Great Start!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lane Linnenkohl
    Participant

40 +/- acre homestead/small farm. 1930’s 1.5 story farmhouse, 1 bath, 3 bedrooms. House sold as is. Wood burning stove and propane heater. Inclusion of refrigerator, electric range, front loading washer and dryer negotiable. Good well, and perennial spring. County water hookup available to property.

Two storage sheds, root cellar, cold frame and small greenhouse. Approximately 20 acres pasture, balance wooded. Pastures fenced with a perimeter of 3 strand electric for rotational grazing. 3 garden beds totaling approx. 1,800 square feet built and managed on permaculture principles, another quarter acre tilled garden. Orchards with two apple trees, one pear tree, seven peach trees, one cornelian cherry bush, one almond tree, ten blueberry bushes, two strawberry beds. Room to expand.

Two corrals, one with shelter attached, one with holding pen and loading chute. Various small, moveable livestock shelters. Scrap lumber taken from a neighboring barn and this season’s hay stays with property.

This property has operated as Dry Branch Farm for the past 7 years, raising grass fed beef, pastured pork and free range chicken. We have farmed with horses for the past 5 years. Gardens are managed using organic principles. Biodynamic preparations have been used sporadically on gardens and other areas of the farm. No chemical fertilizers or pesticides have been used on pastures & fields for at least 8 years.

Dry Branch Farm sells their farm products in Glasgow, at the Bounty of the Barrens Farmer’s Market, 20 miles away from the farm. Dry Branch Farm has an established and educated customer base.

This farm presents an incredible opportunity for aspiring homesteaders/small farmers.

Located in Summer Shade, KY.

Asking $132,900.

This property is listed with ReMax Highland Realty in Glasgow, KY. Beth Sheesley, Realtor. 270-590-0974

Lane Linnenkohl
    Participant
    colttrainer
    Participant

Why for sale?

Lane Linnenkohl
    Participant

Moving back to NE Illinois to be closer to family. I have found a small farm to rent up there so I’ll keep farming and working horses.

dlskidmore
    Participant

Unfortunately we’ll be looking in a very small radius around hubby’s existing career… Looks lovely!

Lane Linnenkohl
    Participant

@dlskidmore 19831 wrote:

Unfortunately we’ll be looking in a very small radius around hubby’s existing career… Looks lovely!

Thank you.

Vicki
    Participant

Are you selling any Dexters?

Lane Linnenkohl
    Participant

Hi Vicki. Nope, I don’t have any Dexters left. I sent you a couple of emails.

longshot38
    Participant

if i were down that way i’d jump all over it. have you had any offers yet, looks fantastic.

too far away dean.

Lane Linnenkohl
    Participant

@longshot38 21447 wrote:

if i were down that way i’d jump all over it. have you had any offers yet, looks fantastic.

too far away dean.

I have had some serious interest, but as of now the farm is still for sale.

Anonymous
    Inactive

DryBranchFarm I am interested in the farm that you have for sale in ky. If it isnt sold yet please let me know. I am living now in clarksville tn but I want out of here and that farm sounds like it is what I am looking for. Thanks Jim

Lane Linnenkohl
    Participant

We have enlisted the help of a listing agent, so some things have changed in the original post.

We may also be willing to take on a renter starting around April 1, 2011.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.