9. Int. Ox Drovers' Meeting at the Écomusée d'Alsace 29.05.2014 – 01.06.2014

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Oxen 9. Int. Ox Drovers' Meeting at the Écomusée d'Alsace 29.05.2014 – 01.06.2014

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

9. Int. Ox Drovers’ Meeting at the Écomusée d’Alsace (France)
    As every year the Écomusée d’Alsace had this year again invited to join for a meeting of international ox drovers.
    The hard core of 30-40 people , working cattle or being friends of Phillippe, could enjoy an impressing demonstration on Friday already.
    pictures of meeting, improved neckyoke and developed equipment to lift bales

neckyoke must read headyoke 😐

Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

Does this mean that the group has been meeting for 9 years? That is great and I love the photos of the improved head yoke design. Maybe someday I can cross the pond and see how it is done over there.

it’s not a constant group, there are hardcore members that have known each other for longer than that; but the group has been growing and been realising, that only combined, international efforts can revive draft cattle in Western Europe
    our German group has always leered across the borders trying to regain as much knowledge as there still is left
    I figured it might be interesting to see how implements are continuously improved/adapted when one needs to work with them every day …

chandler
    Participant

Very cool to hear about! I met Phillipe a couple years ago and last summer went to the Ecomuseé d’Alsace. I luckily picked a day when they were working the horses and oxen. Such a great resource! Here are some photos I took:

https://picasaweb.google.com/115388623913451554756/EcomuseumOfAlsace?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPHPi8TjpcqzJg&feat=directlink

thanks!
    great pair of oxen you portrayed …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.