A little humor

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Matthew
    Participant

When I was a teenager I worked for a carpenter building houses, he used a guy for his site work who had a heavy maine accent. The guy with the accent was graiding with a dozzer and he yelled to me ( Hey move the top!) me being a good worker ran right over to move the top. Looking around and seeing no top I said the top of what? He yelled the top! I again said the top of what? he again said the top! In fustration to find this top I again asked what top? He then yelled quite mad the fu@#en blue top, I now knew he wanted a blue TARP moved.:D

dominiquer60

I can relate Matthew. I went to a big poultry show as a kid looking for some high quality breeding stock for the breed that I was working on the bantam Plymouth Rock. A man that I had bought from in the past raises white ones and was looking around with me. The variety that I like the best has a striped feather pattern. Bruce kept telling me that there were a lot of “bad rocks” there at that show.

I was sadden because I was looking for some good rocks (the breed is commonly shortened to “rocks”) and really wanted to go home with a trio of barred rocks (ones with the stripped feathers).

We came to one sale pen and he said, look at those “bad rocks” those are the ones that you should take home with you. You can imagine my confusion. If those are so bad than why should I buy them?
    No those are “good bad rocks,” you know “bad” the color like white or buff. And so I was introduced to the New England accent.

Scott G
    Participant

@Carl Russell 18767 wrote:

That is way too much. Fickin’ Awesome.

Carl

My gut still hurts. I sent that vid far and wide among my fella mountain logga.

Might have to buy me a translation book for Mainer to Coloradoan though.

How you say, wicked awesome??

slanabhaileequine
    Participant

I used to help some farmers up to the County (Aroostock County for those outa statahs) and the old man used to talk about hauling to Patah house. It took me three days I figured out he meant the Potato Barn.

LostFarmer
    Participant

It wasn’t a maine accent but I had a math teacher from China. Dr. Wong used to say weckter pace. I had no idea for the first 3 days he was talking about a Vector Space not somebody messing up a horse race. I laugh about it now.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.