Animal Power Field Days Website Up with Photos

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Sustainable Living and Land use Skills and Craft Animal Power Field Days Website Up with Photos

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell

Please visit http://www.animalpowerfielddays.org
    to check out some of our new plans, and to review last years Northeast Animal-Power Field Days, including a vast photo gallery(under the heading; previous years). We’ll keep you posted. Carl

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi Carl, Here are a couple more ideas I had for NEAPFD. I am thinking about a hoof care demonstration. I think it would be great to join up with a farrier who would talk about how, why, and when to shoe your work animals. Then I would could talk about how and why a farmer would trim their own horses. together we could show people the hoof and the basics of hoof care.

Also, I would like to present a power point presentation on how and why we graze our horses and mules on our sheep dairy. I hope my wife, Maryrose, will join me in Vt. and we can present this together but she has not commited yet.

Anyway, two more ideas for the hopper. Donn

Carl Russell

Donn, Great! Hoof care, shoeing, how it gets done, and for what purposes is definitely one of the topics floating near the top, along with grazing systems. We are considering developing “tracks” with successive workshop/presentations fleshing out the topic area. Thanks for your enthusiasm.

Anyone else, we are trying to solidify some of the basics, so if there are particular interests that you are afraid we will overlook, throw them out now.

Also, we dearly need people who will take a ball and run with it, so to speak, as NEAPFD is already too complex for us to micro-manage from inside this log cabin. This is a regional event for all of us, and we want you to feel a sense of ownership, so feel free to pitch in, with ideas, time, presentations, etc.

We will have our sponsorship/exhibitor letters and forms ready soon, so if you know of people , businesses, or organizations who we should contact please pass their contact info along.

For any of the above, please e-mail info@animalpowerfielddays.org , or feel free to call us 802-234-5524

Thank you. Carl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.