another draft animal

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

hope every one enjoys the pictures!

I do 😀
    and I finally get an idea why coaches are so high up 😉
    thanks for sharing!

Anonymous
    Inactive

the big geldings pulling the red wagon are nearly 8 foot tall! even when i drove the standardbreds to the green john deer i liked the higher seat (you can see on it i raised it ) it made the view a little different rising ABOVE the horses if you know what i mean !!!we are in the proses of building a 6 up hitch with plans for a larger hitch ! we like putting them in parades to advertise our farm in Cartersville Ga http://www.pettitcreekfarms.com

Joshua Kingsley
    Participant

I think it is really neat that you are willing to go with somthing different. The pic’s are great and I would love to see some more on what you are doing there. I have seen only one or two camels in my life and they seem to be awsome animals. Are they as easy to train and work with as other stock?
    How many Zebras do you have? I wanted a hitch of them when I was a little kid I thought it would be a real eye catcher.
    Joshua

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Joshua Kingsley 15161 wrote:

I think it is really neat that you are willing to go with somthing different. The pic’s are great and I would love to see some more on what you are doing there. I have seen only one or two camels in my life and they seem to be awsome animals. Are they as easy to train and work with as other stock?
    How many Zebras do you have? I wanted a hitch of them when I was a little kid I thought it would be a real eye catcher.
    Joshua

we just last month sold the zebra in the picture he went to TX he would drive single or double and ride! Most folks would call him broke we called him green broke! when training Zebras you have to be willing to go to the mat with them(they do not play tit for tat,there kinda full contact sport) you cant whip on them or rough them up to get results you just have to stay with it (what ever it is till the lights come on) they will just stop in the middle of a fit and you can see it when the lights come on! one of my mares is broke well to handle smart girl! i put her feed in a bowl (her rope was long enough to reach the ground but barely ) i put her feed on the ground as she went for the feed on the wrong side of the post the rope was two short! “problem solving 101” back up and go around to the other side unacceptable! push thru the halter and lead rope direct approach! “mandatory” ten min later she was so tired from straining her knees were shaking she quit and backed up went around ate her food! i was there and just watched to see how this was going to play out! with zebras they are very focused and single minded attention ed animals! as for the lead rope trick I’ve never seen her do this again. she know knows she can not bush thru the lead rope makes for a smarter zebra only took her ten min, where a donkey took 4 sec and a horse 6 sec:D the other thing to remember is they go from 0 to 110% in a nan-no second have a holt and your hat pulled down before you start! good luck! these are just our observations and not the gospel! and I’m sure every one has there on way but I kinda like that donkey approach, I’m a little lazy so I’ll hunt the easiest way!! doe’s that mean the donkey is the smarter:eek:???????? Scott

mother katherine
    Participant

Dubba,
    Is that you from the ox logging in Louden in October??
    How’s it going? I’ve forgotten your steers’ names. I do remember they NOT Jerseys. Which parent was the Brown Swiss?
    Starting anybody new for the next fair season? Good luck
    oxnun

Anonymous
    Inactive

this is a picture of the goat man he drove his goats from south Alabama thru Georgia and all over the south east every spring, they even wrote a book about him and his travelings across the southeast!!he lived and died in macon Ga area! i saw him take a bath on the side of 41 highway (the route to Fla.at the time)in an iron pot with a fire built beside it to heat the water (i was 6 or 10) at the time! last time i seen him come thru he had a stagecoach and 20 goats pulling and maybe 20 goats on and around the wagon going down the road making all kinds of noise eating as they went!! hope you enjoy!! Scott
    remember sign up early for the camel clinic it looks like its going to be a good one thanks for the support S.

Nat(wasIxy)
    Participant

fantastic picture of ‘goat man’ – I could happily live like that 😀 lol

where’s th pics of this paint coloured camel then? have I missed them!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Ixy 15813 wrote:

fantastic picture of ‘goat man’ – I could happily live like that 😀 lol

where’s th pics of this paint coloured camel then? have I missed them!

this is some video we took of our guys deworming the camels the white face half way back in the video is our paint camel “Rouge”!!! Rouge Camel thanks for asking Scott http://www.camelsaddlesforsale.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihtk-h4FEGg

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.