Anyone heard from Geoff Pritchard lately?

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Community Anyone heard from Geoff Pritchard lately?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Scott G
    Participant

Recently realized that it has been quite some time since I’ve seen any posts/replys from him.

J-L
    Participant

Come to think of it, neither have I. Geoff, where are you?

near horse
    Participant

Frankly, I’m glad that blabber mouth has quieted down. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your concern but I’m still kicking and slowly getting things back up to speed here. Wish we could all get together sometime ….

Hope you’re rebounding from your fire, Scott. IMO – you were like superman defending your place. Awesome.

Carl Russell

Hang in there Geoff…… I can’t even imagine the recovery that you, or Scott for that matter, have to go through. Sorry I(we) can’t be of more help….

Be well, Carl

Scott G
    Participant

Relieved to hear, Geoff. You’re normally such a “quiet kinda’ guy” I thought it was a bit off that we hadn’t heard from you! Hope the smoke is starting to clear from your lungs and you’re back in the saddle. I agree,… I think everyone needs to come out here to get together for a change! 80)

near horse
    Participant

” ….. I think everyone needs to come out here to get together for a change! “
    We could all dig some fire breaks together. Such a bonding experience.

I did close down my FB account as I was finding myself drawn into arguments I shouldn’t have been wasting my time on (nothing or no one related to DAP).

Also – on a western fire related note – we had a local 20 yr old female fire fighter (Jenny Veseth) killed a few weeks back by falling timber on a fire line. Windy, steep terrain and a snag toppled hitting a 2nd tree that fell and hit her. Terrible. Sketchy as to wether it was even safe to be in there – the hot shot crew pulled out a few hours earlier due to unsafe conditions. Stay safe in the woods. Fire or not.

Thanks for the thoughts and wishes. Things look a lot better now than they did in May!

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

Hey Geoff – we’re burning down here, too = 25,000 acres just jumped the Slate Creek & road…can’t see across the Salmon River. Idaho’s burnin’, brother, and that’s a sad fact. Hope you & yours are okay?

Scott G
    Participant

Yeah, unfortunately being clocked by fire-weakened/beetle-kill timber is becoming much more common.

In my area/property snags are pretty much raining down from the sky to the tune of dozens per acre. Especially the beetle killed timber since the base/roots burned out so much more readily than the residual green timber.

Definitely not a healthy choice to be working in these stands when the wind is blowing, even slightly. These snags can come down fast with absolutely no warning, or wind, as it is anyway.

I’m getting tired of looking like I work in a coal mine everytime I go out to fell timber now…

Tim Harrigan
    Participant

OK, I will stop complaining about Emerald Ash Borer.

Andy Carson

@near horse 36501 wrote:

Also – on a western fire related note – we had a local 20 yr old female fire fighter (Jenny Veseth) killed a few weeks back by falling timber on a fire line. Windy, steep terrain and a snag toppled hitting a 2nd tree that fell and hit her. Terrible. Sketchy as to wether it was even safe to be in there – the hot shot crew pulled out a few hours earlier due to unsafe conditions. Stay safe in the woods. Fire or not.

My mom works at Moscow Family Medicine along with the mother of the firefighter who was killed. The mom is completely torn up. I can think of no greater tragedy than to bury your child.

jen judkins
    Participant

@Scott G 36530 wrote:

Definitely not a healthy choice to be working in these stands when the wind is blowing, even slightly. These snags can come down fast with absolutely no warning, or wind, as it is anyway.

I’m getting tired of looking like I work in a coal mine everytime I go out to fell timber now…

Maybe you will consider coming east again this fall for LIF or the Athol workshop…..where its alittle safer…just sayin.

Scott G
    Participant

Love to Jen, and I sure will miss seeing you guys this fall but unfortunately its not in the cards. Like I mentioned to Jean though, you’re more than welcome to come visit us in VA come mid-October…just sayin’. 😉

jen judkins
    Participant

Did I miss something, again? What’s happening in VA in October? Are you heading to the HHFF?

Carl Russell

@Jen Judkins 36551 wrote:

Did I miss something, again? What’s happening in VA in October? Are you heading to the HHFF?

http://www.facebook.com/events/137671766375347/?ref=ts

Biological Woodsmen’s Week, October 15-21. New Meadow Farm 863 Lotts Rd. Raphine, VA

Carl

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.