Anyone know how to track down GoL trainings?

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events Anyone know how to track down GoL trainings?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    daniel grover
    Keymaster

Hello,

It seems that Game of Logging events are fewer and farther between than I’d like. Their site isn’t listing any upcoming trainings. Does anyone know where there are lists of GoL events by state? Out of interest do any happen outside of the Northeast?

–Daniel

JJK
    Participant

I don’t know where you’re at but I found them here: newyorkloggertraining.org
    Also found some through the PA sustainable forestry initiative. Your state’s branch may list them as well. Hope this helps.

LongViewFarm
    Participant

There is a chance that we will host a game of logging class just before the annual gathering this year if there are enough interested people. In Charlestown, NH in Sept or Oct. Levels 1 &2 or higher if there’s enough participation.

Carl Russell

Northeast Woodland Training Inc. Is the org that I would check in with. Their website has a listing of all upcoming classes that are scheduled through them. http://www.woodlandtraining.com/courses.php

If you cannot find a class that suits you, but have access to an amenable landowner, you can host one yourself, which basically saves the cost of tuition. I strongly recommend these guys. Not only are they savvy about chainsaw operation, but most of them are exceptional educators.

Carl

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Carl Russell.
    daniel grover
    Keymaster

There’s the website I was looking for! Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.