Be careful w slow-moving vehicles

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Off Topic Discussion Be careful w slow-moving vehicles

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    near horse
    Participant

Just want to remind everyone that during haying/harvest seasons there are often large slow-moving vehicles on the hwy shuttling equipment etc. Be very careful if you’re moving equipment and make sure not to get in a hurry to pass if you’re following one. A neighbor woman was just killed on Wed passing a tractor pulling a wheel-rake. She grew up around here and definitely knew better but was in a rush and …..

Sorry to preach but it wakes one up as to how serious rushing and making one bad decision can potentially be, especially with folks that know better. BE SAFE.

dominiquer60

Sorry for the lose of your neighbor. It is often those that are used to an comfortable with the activity that are involved. My big close call was a lime truck driver (former dairy farmer) almost rear-ended me while I was driving a tractor with a transplanter on back, it was probably that huge pair of yellow 80 gallon tanks that got his attention, but it is a known busy farm road and the major artery of the county. Motorcycles and farmers are everywhere, pay attention and look twice.

Eli
    Participant

I see it every day. We are in to much of a hurry. I hate to say it but I’m not any better. I just sold my beloved Harley,one to many close calls people just don’t pay attention. Thanks for the reminder. My heart goes out to the family and friends of your lost neighbor. Eli

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.