Beginners Driving Clinic with Sue Brennan

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events Beginners Driving Clinic with Sue Brennan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LongViewFarm
    Participant

The Draft Animal Power Network is pleased to announce a Beginner’s Driving CLinic.
    We are partnering with Sue Brennan of Breathing Space Farm, there are a total of six spaces open to beginning teamsters who want advice and experience. Topics covered include basic harnessing, popper safe hitching,voice commands, and driving a fore cart and various implements. The small class size will allow for individual students’ needs and desires to be met.
    Summary:
    What: Beginners’ driving clinic with Sue Brennan
    Where: Breathing Space Farm. East Chatham, NY
    When: June 27 and 28, 2015
    Who: Any interested teamsters and potential teamsters.

For more information reply to this thread or contact Sue Brennan at 413-441-0037.
    Thanks for your interest!
    DAPNet Programs and Events Committee

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sue Brennan
    Participant

Hi everyone, I may be a “new” name in DAPNet, how ever driving drafts is not new to me. 35+ Years involved with training drafts to farm equipment, multiple hitches (single to 12 up), Hitch Showing Single Cart to 4 up, Combined Driving (Dressage, Cones and Marathon). My true love is to mentor the younger generation involved in our future food and low impact, sustainable farming with drafts. This course is full of valuable information and is so reasonably priced for YOU. I’m willing to facilitate the course to all students needs. Beginner to Novice (ready for the next step). So feel free to call me and pick my brain. I live in my tack room, so no space for sleeping on my floor. (38 acres with a driving arena. Yes I’m one of them!) Camping allowed or hotel down the road. (I have a 24′ horse trailer, willing to clean out if anyone interested. 3 compartments) Thank you for your interest. Suzie Brennan Registration form will be up soon.

robie robinson
    Participant

Sue, put it up, the registration that is for the clinic I, Robie and Angie will come. Angie will just audit, or sit in the shade while I learn.

thanks, The Robinsons

Sue Brennan
    Participant

Here is the Registration Form.
    Thank you every one. Phone calls are starting to come in.
    This course will also include,
    Safety, safety, and more safety. The “big 3’s”-check the equipment, check the harness, check the lines.
    Acclimating your new horse for your first drive. What to look for when buying a horse.
    “Driving a straight line”. Light hands, happy horse’s.
    Backing your horses with and without equipment.
    I’ll try to answer all questions and if there is some thing I’m not familiar with,
    I’ll investigate into it. OR ask an “expert” here on DAPnet. 🙂

Attachments:
    Sue Brennan
    Participant

Beginner Clinic June 27th & 28th at Breathing Space Farm, Sue Brennan 300 New Concord Road, East Chatham, New York, 12060. 3 miles south of I90 just over the NY state line. Four One Three- 441-0037
    On Hands driving for six students. Morning starting with Leading a horse, Harnessing, Line driving single, (thru an obstacle course) backing, attaching to a stone boat, how to line your horse correctly to the stone boat, timing the steps with whoa, Safety attaching the traces, driving with a stone boat, safety, balance, contact on the bit, suppleness, Gee, Haw, whoa, Choosing the command, Battery going dead….on my computer. Progress to a team…..will post again soon.

Attachments:
    Sue Brennan
    Participant

Hi everyone, Sad to say I need to cancel the Beginners Driving Clinic due to RAIN. Expecting a 1/2 of inch of rain on Saturday and Thundershowers on Sunday. I am willing to try to reschedule at a later date or refund your money. Will keep everyone in-formed. Thanks again. Suzie Brennan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.