Belgian Team and Teamster Looking for 2014 Work

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Market Place Working Situations Belgian Team and Teamster Looking for 2014 Work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    KMichelle
    Participant

Hello, I will brining my team of Belgian mares to Vermont in the winter of 2013. Both horses were bred and trained on the Mader Farm in Halfway, Oregon. Junior is a seven-year-old mare who has been in work for four years, single, team, three and four-horse hitches. She has experience plowing, cultivating, seed drilling, mowing, raking, wagon, etc… Roxie is a ten-year-old mare I started last summer, she will be starting field work later this spring.

I am in my 15th year working with horses, 2nd working horses in harness. My experience ranges from sporthorse competition, sales, racehorse excercise-rider, breeding/broodmare farms, and barn manager for an 8-horse stable. I am an employee in my 2nd year with the Maders and I have driven single, team, 3- and 4-horse hitches (looking foward to plowing with the double-bottom this fall with 3 and 3!). I drive the wagon daily and have experience with plowing, cultivating (single, straddle-row, four), drilling, skidding, raking, mowing, etc…

I am looking for a paid poistion on a horse-powerd farm for the summer (or winter)of 2014. I want to bring my team to work but I am flexible about location (VT, NY, CT, ME, MA, NH). I have a strong interest in woodlot managment, biodynamics, fermentation, small-scale dairy, and I am also in my 4th year of beekeeping – which I would like to keep up!

Please let me know of any opportunities of farms who would like to add some horse-power and experience to their operation! Thanks for you consideration. K Michelle Sanders

KMichelle
    Participant

I wanted to give this post a burst of new life… I am still looking for farms interested in adding a team and teamster to their roster 2014. I will be in Vermont late October and early November to interview and prep my winter situation.

I would be extremely interested in finding some part time woods work this winter. As the Roxie horse is still quite green, I am looking for someone to be in a mentorship position. She is good for driving single, and in a team for skidding things on the ground. We are not working wheeled implements yet. However the Junior horse works single, or with whoever you need her to, on whatever implement you can come up with.

Thanks

dlskidmore
    Participant

Wish I could afford you. 🙂

Carl Russell

K where will you be in Vermont? Feel free to contact me at earthwise@hughes.net, or 802-234-5524. I’m in Central VT and have several woodlots nearby that I need to be worked, and cannot cover by myself alone…. I’d love to know more about you and your horses.

Thanks, Carl

KMichelle
    Participant

Thanks Carl – In touch… I would also like to put a plug in for my appearance at the MOFGA Low Impact Forestry workshop in mid-November. I will be attending without horses and hope to network with the community.

Carl Russell

I’ll reply soon, but wanted to support your interst in MOFGA LIF. That will be a great experience and networking opportunty. This fall is packed for me, so I am not yet certain whether or not I will be there, but we can touch base in VT.

Carl

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.