Big paws to fill…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell

He wasn’t your typical “working dog”, but Jake worked his ass off. He was rarely out of sight…. or should I say he rarely let me out of his sight, and worked every night driving off unwanted visitor (4-leggeds).

We’ll be looking for a calm, friendly, responsible replacement. I’m thinking my way through breeds, but just keep coming back to LabX……

RIP Jake..378615_2614195960584_1425617324_2941834_1235509447_n.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend

Scott G
    Participant

Dogs & horses are the truest friends we have, Carl. Sorry my friend, losing your dog leaves a hole thats hard to fill. Can’t go wrong with the black lab, that’s what my bud is. His name is Mick.

Andy Carson

Sorry to hear about your loss, Carl. He looks like he was a happy guy.

dominiquer60

Sorry to hear this Carl. He was indeed a good dog and a tough one to replace, it won’t be the same without him around. RIP good buddy!

Carl Russell

Thanks folks…… it’s like I’ve entered an alternate universe…. in this one I don’t have a shadow…

I’ve been through this before, and new possibilities will present themselves.

Thanks, Carl

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

Sorry for your loss, Carl. In my spiritual beliefs, we have what is known as the Rainbow Bridge, where all good companion animals cross over to await us when we cross on to the next life.
    Kind of a pagan version of a ‘doggy heaven’.

Anyways, hopefully it won’t be too long before the next dog finds you…I’ve noticed that most of the good ones I’ve had seemed more to find me, than I to find them.

Baystatetom
    Participant

A best friend in the woods is really hard to replace. Loggers and farmers spend more time with them then most people. I had a lab mix for 14 years. I waited over a year before getting a new one. He is great (another lab mix), but sometimes he’ll do something that reminds me of old skidder and I still miss him. Sorry for your loss.
    ~Tom

reb
    Participant

Carl,
    I am sorry for your family’s loss.
    Richard

Michel Boulay
    Participant

Sorry for your lost Carl. Know the feeling lost one this summer, like you, been through it before. The younger one was lost for a while but in time things settle. Like Robert said the good ones seem to find us. Always had lab or lab mix difficult to change breed. Again rip Jake.
    Mike

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.