Boots

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gooserun Farm
    Participant

I have a chunk horse recently bought that had her heels cut too far back. Trimmed her toes and are letting her hooves grow out. I was thinking about using those boots on her feet when on gravel or pavement as she sometimes acts tender footed. Anyone use them? What kind? Thanks.

goodcompanion
    Participant

I have used them and have a couple pairs still around. They worked pretty good but I was trying to use them while plowing and the suction when the horse stepped in moist earth tended to make them come off. I was trying to use them to help rehab a horse with serious lameness. Didn’t succeed, but this wasn’t the fault of the boots.

I think the boa boots are the best because of an easier-to-operate closure. If your horse is tender you can insert a padding material (my boots still have this).

For work on roads and whatnot they would probably work great. If the size was right (somewhere online boa has sizing guidelines) you could try mine. They’re just sitting around. You could pay me for postage and for the boots, say, $50 a pair (cost $125 new if I remember right), but only if you wanted to keep them.

Gooserun Farm
    Participant

That sounds great! Thanks alot. I will try to find the sizing guide and get in touch with you. She is doing better daily but is still tender footed. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.