Brand new collar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Julie Clemons
    Participant

I just received in the mail, a brand new collar for Lil. (I had a loaner from the Baileys for the first few months.) It is a thing of beauty and like a pair of brand new shoes, quite stiff.

I went out to Lil’s stall to try it on her. Usually I hold up the collar and she puts her face in, I slide it over her ears, turn it around and settle it on her shoulders. Done. This time, she puts her face in, and it stops at her cheekbones. I take it off, stretch it over my knee (It doesn’t open at the top), we try again. This time we make it to her eyes. Three or four tries later (I kept stretching it a bit more each time), she squinches up her eyes and PUSHES, and on it goes. When it breaks in and is a little more teardrop-shaped (right now the two sides are completely parallel) it will be perfect.

It was just funny to watch her, she looked just like a little kid whose mother is trying to pull on a too-tight turtleneck.:)

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

…and she probably gave you the same look the kid did. :p

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you going to tie a piece of yarn to each of her shoes so she doesn’t loose them when she plays in the snow?

Julie Clemons
    Participant

Shoes, schmoes. My horse don’t need no stinkin’ shoes.

But I did make a long string to thread through her coat sleeves and attach her mittens together.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.