calves

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mother katherine
    Participant

Took the new lineback calves out yesterday for their first exercise with a halter. They did quite well. It was probably their first time on a walk ever. I don’t think they’ll be as smart as the Jerseys, but, if yesterday was any indication, they’ll do ok.
    The Jersey crosses are now a year old. They are very bright and usually willing. I think they’re at an age where they might want to try their own thing, sometimes.
    We have a lot of good times together and basically enjoy each other’s company. I’ve had them since they were born, bottle fed them until they were weaned, so they think I’m just one of the herd – as long as they always remember I’m the DOMINANT one. That seems to be fine with them.
    oxnun

Howie
    Participant

oxnon
    Are your calves American Line Backs or are they the old style English.:)

mother katherine
    Participant

I wanted Randalls, ideally, but somebody picked up some bred Americans at the big sale in Pa recently. The sire is Globoy; they’re black and white Gloucesters.
    Everything just kind of fell into place, so I figured I should get my head examined if I let them go. Of course, I probably should get my head examined for taking them.
    they do look snappy, though.
    oxnun

dominiquer60

How are the calves coming along?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.