changing inner shoe ledger

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Equipment Category Equipment changing inner shoe ledger

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi all, It is never to early to start thinking about making your mower better for next year. I took some photos today in the shop as I was changing the inner shoe ledger in preparation for building a new mower. See them here.

Does’ Leap
    Participant

Hey Donn:

Thanks for the pictures. I have done this on several mowers and it is interesting to see how you do it. Do you replace the inner and outer ledgers as automatically on mowers that you are renovating? It looks like you knock off the rivet head and then use that tap-like tool. What is that by the way? Then punch and clean out with a drill?

It is hard to see from your picture, but is that ledger serrated? I have only serrated ledgers as replacements, but the originals are not serrated (at least the ones I have worked on). Any thoughts on how this affects performance?

George

PS Tech question: you used to post pictures in the body of your post as opposed to providing a link. Have you figured out how to do this with the new platform?

Livewater Farm
    Participant

Donn when I click on your link a page appears saying 500 internal error
    Bill

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi Bill, I am thinking that something about your computer, the program running or something is making the difficulties for you. Unfortunately I am not a very good tech person. We are trying to get a tech person on the site regularly that can answer these questions. George, I am not home yet today, but when I want to share more than two or three photos it is easier for me to make a link. I will check today on loading a photo directly to the post when I get home.

The short punch in the photo is just one that was bent or broken. They are better for starting a rivet that doesn’t want to move as you will bend or break a lot of those smaller punches. Yes, that plate is not serrated. Since this plate is not mowing most of the time I haven’t noticed a difference. I should request the serrated ones but usually take what they send me.

Brad Johnson
    Participant

Donn-
    I have the same problem as Bill…
    -Brad

daniel grover
    Keymaster

Hey Brad and Bill,

Just wanted to pass on this resource to you that explains what a 500 internal error is: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/500servererror.htm

Though it explains that most of these errors are server-side (not having to do with your computer) problems, it also gives some recommendations about how you can address them. I didn’t have a problem accessing the photos. Hope this helps.

Best,

Daniel

Jay
    Participant

I also am having the same trouble. I get 500 internal_server_error Thanks Daniel for posting the link- though I haven’t been able to get anything to work from reading the page. Jay

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Just to add a little to this. The link is to an external page (Google+) so if you are getting a 500 error it has to do with Google’s servers. It may be that you don’t have access to see his google+ pictures but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I was able to click the link without a problem.

Are you still having problems with this?

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

I have attached an image to this post and as you can see it works. If you want to attach an image use the attach file dialog below the post.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jay
    Participant

I tried the link again and it worked- thanks for the nice and helpful pictures, Donn. Jay

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.