check line length?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    houstonmule
    Participant

In a 4 abreast set up. I used 2 lines to my outside mules. I then used 4 check lines. How long are the check lines suposed to be? I’ve heard 30″ to 50″. I just bought these and had to shrink them as much as they will go to make them seem right.

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi, I drive my four abreast with normal team lines and four check lines. Is that what you meant by “two lines” My normal team lines are set up: left hand goes to the left side of two left mules, and right hand goes to two right mules. It is a little hard to say how long your checks should be. How far a part you want the animals, where your lines are set, and if you use any spreaders, or drop rings will all effect the length of the check.

The best way is to look at them from the front while they are moving. They look good in the pictures, but I couldn’t make out the line arriagnment for sure. if your lines are set up like mine, I might guess the checks are still a little long. But look at them from the front. Just try to get them evenly spaced about equal to their evener and neck yoke spacing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.