comeback of the working horse

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Books/Resouces comeback of the working horse

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

fascinating swiss film on working horses; language is french, pictures are international 😉
    http://www.tsr.ch/tsr/index.html?siteSect=500000#program=89;vid=8713091
    gratitudes to “the German”
    elke

Michel Boulay
    Participant

Hi elke,
    just watch the swiss film on working horses. Very interesting, nice to see the difference in harnesses compare to the ones we have over here. Also to listen to what the horse trainer had to say about being calm and not to show any emotion to the horse. Much like what Carl had to say in the thread about training horses. thanks
    Mike

carter
    Participant

Thank you very much for this film, I know I will return to it, it is beautiful and useful too.
    By the way, thanks also for the information you posted about the breeds of cattle in the conversation about rare breeds and oxen. I looked at them – it is good people aren’t losing that gene pool.
    Keep posting! carter

bivol
    Participant

are these ardennes horses? i love this type of draft horse, even if i’m an oxen person.

i have the french documentary about oxen, Envoile le petit..!, worth getting, but i don’t want to post it – copyright.

the french documentary about oxen, Envoile le petit..!, worth getting,

positively worth getting!
    same author (lorene cancel) also filmed “Les boeufs au travail et les mules qui dansent!!!” and “Les Bouviers d’ALsace et d’Ailleurs”
    http://ecole.des.mulets.free.fr/association.html

OldKat
    Participant

@CharlyBonifaz 8484 wrote:

positively worth getting!
    same author (lorene cancel) also filmed “Les boeufs au travail et les mules qui dansent!!!” and “Les Bouviers d’ALsace et d’Ailleurs
    http://ecole.des.mulets.free.fr/association.html

elke,

Can you translate these titles, or do you know of a way to translate these titles into English? My mothers family were all Alsatians, my fathers family was either 1/2 or 3/4 Alsatian depending on who you ask; so I’d like to know what this title means. Unfortunately, I cannot speak or read any French, or Alsatian (which I believe is now almost a dead language) No German or other languages either. 🙁

my French is only rudimentary :rolleyes:

“Les boeufs au travail et les mules qui dansent!!!”

oxen at work and mules that dance

“Les Bouviers d’ALsace et d’Ailleurs”

ox drovers of the alsace and elsewhere

Simple Living
    Participant

If you go to the Google webpage there is a translation tool (just to the right of the main box you enter text into) that seems to work very well, just click on the words Language Tools. I’ve used it for years. All you have to do is enter the address into a box and mark what language you need translated from and to. It does the rest. I believe it works about 98% of the time. Even with that you can get the most out of the site. Hope this helps!

Gordon

I believe it works about 98% of the time.

the times when it doesn’t work you get at least a good laugh out of it 😮
    used it onTemple Grandin`s webpage: she talked of the flightdistance in sheep…. well, the translating tool figured it out as flightdistance as in airplane travel……
    it will indeed give you at least an idea of what it is about 😉

OldKat
    Participant

@Simple Living 8505 wrote:

If you go to the Google webpage there is a translation tool (just to the right of the main box you enter text into) that seems to work very well, just click on the words Language Tools. I’ve used it for years. All you have to do is enter the address into a box and mark what language you need translated from and to. It does the rest. I believe it works about 98% of the time. Even with that you can get the most out of the site. Hope this helps!

Gordon

It does help. I find interesting stuff all the time on the net that I can’t read because it is a different language. I never knew this was there. I’ll have to try it out.

Oh, and thanks Elke for the translation of the titles. Mules that dance? I’ve got a mental picture, but won’t go into that!

Thanks again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.