Composting Plant

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Roscoe
    Participant

Has anyone some experience with Composting Plants?
    I’m running a small slaugtherhouse in Alberta. We processe about 20 beef, 20 pigs and some sheeps and rabbits a week. Now we pay a lots of money the rendering company for picking up the guts, bones and fat. The beef hides just pay more or less the shipping, but nobody take llama, sheep or bison hides.
    I know that some produce energy in Europe with animal waste, but can’t find anything on the web about plants in North America.

bivol
    Participant

Roscoe, i think it’s better not to. from little i know it’s that bone meal can be used for firing up power plants, but it’s not a good idea.

umm, a suggestion: why not use guts and stuff as maggot feed, and then sell the maggots for fish bait, or feed then to the fowl?
    also, fat could maybe be sold to bird-feed producers, they need fat.

dominiquer60

There are quite a few farmers composting moralities and offal in NY state. When I worked on a farm that processed chickens every month we had a huge compost pile for the processing waste. I am sure that it was a smaller scale than what you have, but if you want to get rid of the scraps this may be an option. As far as creating energy that is beyond what I know.

The county that I used to live in had a compost network to connect people with waste to the people that could turn the waste into compost.

Erika

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.