Contract farming business– Organic no-till

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Working with Draft Animals Contract farming business– Organic no-till

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Julia Frech
    Participant

I’m hoping to be hired by some vineyards (a couple offers already) for working in vineyards, esp. using my sprayer and roller-crimper. Would love some feedback.. just working on this website here

http://notillorganic.wordpress.com/ There is a video lower down with one of my horses pulling a roller crimper and ground drive sprayer.

But also thinking about growing some field crops testing organic no-till techniques. ANybody else in the no-till world with horses?

chandler
    Participant

Julia,

No one in the NW that I know of doing this, but WSU and some organizations have been doing workshops and trials on farms for several years now with organic no-till.

In your video, it looked like the oat/vetch mix was nearly complete in its life cycle when you crimped it. Is that the ideal time for you?

Also, did you make the sprayer or is it manufactured by a company? It looked like it was one emitter up high. Are there others that I missed? How do you feel about the design?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.