Corn Planters!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Right now I Am still trying to Match the Paint that was on my single Row horse drawn Corn planter, It looks like a Allis Orange and A day Glo green as the colors, NO idea who Mfged. it. It is All mteal (cast Iron) except the hopper is thin sheet metal. No idea as to age. but it was working when I took it down to refinish the parts. I wish I could post a photo, but I can’t I prefer the older type equiptment myself. Right now I am drawing up a set of plans for A forecart & A cultivator to go on it. I found A fellow in P a. who makes the equiptment.

Harry in MS
    Participant

James, I too, am mulling over the idea of doing just that, plus I want to be able to attach my walking plow to it and maybe a one row planter. I’d like to get together with you and discuss ideas.

Plowboy
    Participant

Mounted plows don’t work as well as the ones that are allowed to float with the ground. I’ve seen cart mounted plows in action and if you know anything about plowing they are awfull. They may work on a table top level field but if it varies any the ridgid tongue on the forecart doesn’t allow the plow to follow the contour of the land. The best plows going are the new tongueless plows from Pioneer and white horse. They both have an add on tongue option but ithas a joint in it so the plow floats independently.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.