Crop Sprayer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dominiquer60

I used my new crop sprayer (folliar feed applicator I call it) yesterday and I really like it. The quality is great and I only have to listen to the chain on the pole and a 12 volt pump, no engines on this little rig.

If anyone else is in the market for a crop sprayer for draft animals, these folks are very willing to customize your order as you please. I requested and offset wheel so that I can straddle 2 rows at once and have a more stable wheel base for the woods trail to the fields.

Here is their link http://cropsprayersiva.com/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jay
    Participant

I have also delt with these folks and found them very helpful in making a urine spreader (custom made). Used it for the 2nd year this past week fertilizing for 2nd cut. 200 gallon, with a 12′ folding boom and hoses that trail on the ground so the urine can soak in and be less likely to evaporate. Benuel Blank is the person whom I delt with. I recommend them highly. Jay

Does’ Leap
    Participant

Hi Jay:

What kind of urine are you spraying and how do you collect and store it?

George

Jay
    Participant

We are working with Rich Earth Institute here in Brattleboro on a study using human urine on field crops (hay). There have not yet been any studies this side of the Atlantic on the use of human urine. It’s been studied and is being used in Europe and Africa at least. Waste water treatment people and EPA are all very interested. And (irony of ironies) dealing with human waste is the most difficult part of treating sewage, much harder (and more expensive) than industrial and commercial components. So we have had about 80 volunteers saving their own and bringing it in to a central storage point where it is put in totes, pasteurized and then we spread it in the summer (on specified pieces that are checked out, soil tested, and monitored) At this point there are still questions about how many and what pharmaceuticals are coming through and what if any effect they may have. A specific study of that aspect is part of next year’s test. Go to http://www.richearthinstitute.org for more info on the project. The goal is to close more of the nutrient cycle by making it easier for this great and readily available resource to be used more widely and easily (without too many regulatory hurdles. Jay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.