DAPFI Newsletter Working Group

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Scott G
    Participant

I had a great conversation with Jim Ostergard yesterday afternoon. We have both agreed that we are willing and able to move forward with a newsletter.

In the current age, we have many tools in the toolbox for putting this together that are minimal/no cost and user friendly. There will be both an electronic and hardcopy version.

One of the largest hurdles we have heard mentioned is content. A caveat of receiving this newsletter and a component of (if not only) the price of an electronic subscription will be the requirement to submit a half-page on your operation and how you got to where you are. With all subscribers contributing, we should have more than enough content to fill up a quarterly newsletter. In addition, there undoubtedly will be articles written by those who wish to contribute as well. There is also a wealth of archived material out there that could potentially be republished with author/publishers permission.

In short, we have found many more reasons to publish a newsletter than not. Putting together bits ‘n pieces will not be a financial issue, as we will work with what we have. There are many of you that have real skills/knowledge with this type of effort. The main cost for this effort is time, something I have mentioned before that I currently can afford to a certain extent. Jim has generously offered to partner up as well. If everybody contributes a little (that includes subscribers with their half-page submissions) than the effort becomes less daunting. We have identified a couple of low/no expense desktop publishing options that could be used to assimilate the newsletter. I have a current avenue (google docs) that allows several users to work on a common project.

Let us know if you are interested in assisting with this project’s formation/launch. I will be putting together a conference call in a few weeks so that our working group can become somewhat task oriented and discuss the issues in real time. Anything worth anything takes a little effort, and the minimal effort it will take if we pool our resources will result in a product that is more than justified.

I’d really like to hear Gregg C., Joe M., and Tim C. weigh in with their thoughts. Not looking for commitment from you folks, more from the aspect of your contribution being specific insights since you have “been there, done that”.

Take care,
    Scott

Marshall
    Participant

Sounds like a great idea to me!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.