Dover,De.

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Eli.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eli
    Participant

Heading heading to Dover Delaware to visit our son who is in the Air Force. We are going up through Michigan across the Mackinac Bridge. We hope to do a little sight seeing along the way the northern route has to be better than Chicago traffic. I hope to see a few Amish farms on the way.   Eli

Jim Ostergard
    Participant

Eli,

See if you can find William Miller at Miller’s Harness Shop.  He is on 3293 Yoder Dr. which is pretty easy to find.  You can ask at Byler’s store as he is only a few farms away.  A very nice gentleman.  When I was there last fall they were putting up silage using to rigs and 6 horses.  They sure could move through the corn.  Have fun.

Jim

dominiquer60

Horse Progress Days was in Clare last year, the road that Gateway Manufacturing is on is a great drive and there is a very nice Amish store on that road, they even had an ox yoke for sale in the back room.  We had a great time in Michigan last summer.

Eli
    Participant

Found Bylers store, looking for the harness shop tomorrow. Thank you.

Eli
    Participant

Found a few shops today and tomorrow we head to Pennsylvania hopefully to I&J mfg to see some of the equipment I dream about, and see more horse drawn farming. The only bad part is we are going home and I will not see my son for a wile.      Eli

Eli
    Participant

Stopped at I&J mfg good thing I didn’t have the truck or I would have a mower and an angry wife. I asked her to tow one home with her Edge but she said no. Im home and farther behind then when I left, funny how that works, but I saw my son and daughter in law and they are doing great so life is good.    Eli

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.