Draft horses

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    carl ny
    Participant

I’m just putting a feeler out for my son. He has a team of bay mares that he is thinking of selling and is wondering if there is any interest. One is 15 and the other 17. One just had a foal and if you wanted the foal (stud colt) too he would breed her back if you wanted. He has a Registered 50% Brabant Strawberry Roan stud, his first ever foal on the ground is the one from the bay mare. I don’t have any idea how much he wants for them. Foal will be for sale separate if he don’t go with the team. Buyer of the team has first choice for the foal. Almost forgot, they stand 16 & 15.3 Hands and if you just wanted the team, they couldn’t go until the foal was weened.

thank you
    Carl nny

JaredWoodcock
    Participant

I might be interested in the use of his stud, and the foal. Where are you in NY? I’m on the eastern side in Cambridge, 12816.

carl ny
    Participant

Between Lowville and Croghan, 13367. About 60 mi. north of Utica.

carl ny
    Participant

If you’re interested, the phone # is 315-286-6053.

Tom Coughlin
    Participant

Does anyone here have any experience with CPL chronic progressive lymphedema ? I believe my mare might have it she has all the signs and the vets i have talked to have heard of it but do not know much about it ,so if you have some info that might help me i would be greatful ,She is a damn good horse and i want to keep her as healthy and pain free for as long as possible .Thanks Tom

carl ny
    Participant

I’ll check with my sons and see if they know anything and I have the vet coming next Tuesday and will ask her. Also we had a new Brabant Filly born yesterday morning.

carl nny

Tom Coughlin
    Participant

Congrats on the filly, my mare is also a Brabant -one of the breeds where this condition occurs, it might be wise to learn more if you are breeding them . thanks for the effort,Carl . Tom

carl ny
    Participant

They are my son’s and he new all about CPL. He said that work is good for it (exercise and flexion) and to shave the legs and use Bernadine on it. He’s going to try and look up other stuff.

carl nny

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.