draft powered electric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    matt wny
    Participant

I live off grid useing a small windmill to charge a 12v battery bank that powers an inverter to give me normal 120v household electric. some times if we dont have enough wind i use a small gas motor hooked to an alternator to charge my batteries.I have been toying with the idea of useing my horses on a sweep or treadmill to turn the alternator.Has anyone on this site ever tried this??? any feed back would be appreciated!!Im sure a few of you will at least get a good laugh at my idea.

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

There is a fellow named Weaver in Kentucky that manufactures several sizes of treadmills that would do this with a small horse easily. His telephone number is:

606-787-0266. This actually is his son’s Tim’s number but he can help you with it. No Sunday business calls please.

matt wny
    Participant

@Biological Woodsman 10072 wrote:

There is a fellow named Weaver in Kentucky that manufactures several sizes of treadmills that would do this with a small horse easily. His telephone number is:

606-787-0266. This actually is his son’s Tim’s number but he can help you with it. No Sunday business calls please.

thanks jason i will give him a call

Vicki
    Participant

Carl Heth in Rolla MO is working on a sweep to generate for a battery with his oxen. See recent Rural Heritage for info on Carl and his drag saw.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.