Draft Saddles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TinaY
    Participant

I’d love to know what kind of saddles are people riding their drafts in? Does anyone have experience with a treeless? We currently ride in an Extra Wide Wintec and a Wintec Isabell, but I’m thinking about buying a draft western or treeless (possibly an Ansur or Torsion) and I’d appreciate some input. What brands do you like and why?
    Thanks!

Mark Cowdrey
    Participant

What do you think of the Wintecs you are using?

Mark

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi – Great to hear from you!! I dont have experience with saddles on the drafts but I do have a Circle Y Bob Marshall Treeless and love it!! I use it on my quarter horse I dont see any reason why it would not go on a draft. We do have draft just have not tired it. It is the best saddle I can feel every move my horse makes. Hope this helps – There is one for sale on http://www.unclehenrys.com Jessica

cherprit
    Participant

Hi,

I can highly recommend Duett saddles. I found mine on ebay – really nice dressage saddle. I also found a Simco western with a 10 inch gullet. Also, Midwestern Leather in Beckworth California makes wonderful western draft saddles. My husband is a big man, and he has a really nice draft saddle from them. I can get you their phone number if you like – really nice Amish family. Also build harness and sell Pioneer stuff.

TinaY
    Participant

Mark,
    I LOVE my Wintec Isabell. It has a nice deep seat and a synthetic suede finish that helps you stick to it. I like where it puts my leg, also. It’s nearly indestructible – I had a horse go over backwards in it several times on concrete, and it still looks brand new. It fits my 16hh, 1800# Percheron mare good with the widest gullet.

I don’t like the X-tra Wide as well. It’s a shallower seat and more slippery than the Isabell, but it’s wider, which is the plus for us! We use that one on our 16.1hh, 2000# stocky Percheron mare with the middle sized gullet and it fits well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.