East Coast Halflinger Gathering

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events East Coast Halflinger Gathering

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

This is a message we got about the event in Sept.

Hi Folks,

For the last 4 years, Haflinger owners and interested parties from across the United States and the U.K. have been meeting to share our interest in this phenomenal breed. Its time to send a notice out about the 2009 East Coast Haflinger Gathering. This year it will take place at the Fair Hill Resource Management Area about 8 miles north of Elkton, MD. Fair Hill is an equestrian facility with 5,613 acres of rural landscape and 75 miles of riding and driving trails.

The dates of the 2009 Gathering are Wednesday, September 9th to Sunday, September 13th. Although the camper pads have already been reserved by some of the group from last year, I do have a waiting list and there is rough camping available. We are also making arrangements with some local hotels in the area for group rates. The horse barns are wonderful. They are cinderblock with full metal screen doors (i.e. Haflinger escape-proof).

Last year’s Gathering at Gettysburg, PA boasted 75 adults and children with 40 horses, 30 of which were Haflingers. We expect a similar crowd this year.

If you are interested in learning more about the 2009 East Coast Haflinger Gathering, please feel free to contact me privately so we do not clog up this yahoo group with personal emails.

Thanks for your time,

Linda Winder

The Shenandoah Carriage Company, LLC

http://www.shenandoahcarriage.com

540 635-7745

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.