Eastern NYS Regional Poultry School Show

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events Eastern NYS Regional Poultry School Show

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dominiquer60

Another non-draft animal event, but if any one in the Eastern/Central NY area knows any kids interested in poultry this is a fun event that I am planning on April 18th. I support draft animal power, but I feel that poultry is an easier project for those that want to get a started in back to the land/provide for yourself movements. The morning will be educational sessions and the fun show in the afternoon is geared toward re-enforcing what the kids learned in the morning and give them a taste of what they could expect if they show at a county fair. The event is free to all youths and their parents/chaperones. There is a scholarship contest where the winners are given a donated pair or trio of purebred chickens, contact me for more info. Thanks for your time.

Erika

Eastern NYS Regional Poultry School Show

April 18th, 2009, 9AM to ~4PM
    Altamont Fairgrounds, Altamont, NY

Sponsored by: Cornell Cooperative Extension of Albany County, Schenectady County Farm Bureau, Cornell Farm and Erika Marczak

This event is open to all youth, 4-H members or non-members, and their parents/chaperone. All participants are encouraged to bring a bird in good health and free of parasites to participate in the fun show. If you cannot bring your own or a borrowed one, we can provide you with one. Lunch will be bring your own or you are welcome to use one of the eateries located 1/2 mile away in Altamont.

8AM Registration starts and birds can be cooped in at the Poultry Barn.

9AM to Noon Educational sessions to include incubation, embryology, health, feeding housing, waterfowl, preparing for a show, what can be expected at a show, fitting and showmanship. Presenters will include speaker of honor David Hillman, Judge Jamie Matts, Alice Zabel, Erika Marczak, 4-H public presenter, and others.

Noon to 1PM Bring your own lunch and youths prepare birds for the fun show.

1PM Fun Show, Youths will get a chance to exhibit their bird with the assistance of an APA/ABA licensed judge.

Following the Fun Show we will wrap the day up and present the winners of the Poultry Scholarship Contest and award the pairs/trios of show birds that have been donated as prizes.

For more information contact Event Coordinator Erika Marczak (518) 441-9870 or marczake@hotmail.com.

Carl Russell

Hey ya know I saw an article in SFJ a few years back about a kid that put a harness on a rooster. No foolin’.

Thanks Erika, I made sure to include “Community” events in the forum title.

:DCarl

dominiquer60

Thanks for the opportunity Carl! I have a few years worth, a harnessed rooster must have been before my time reading SFJ:)

Erika

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.