Edit post

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    carl ny
    Participant

How do you edit your post after you have submitted it? Can’t figure it out after the new forum started.

dominiquer60

I is in a different location now.  Look at the grey bar that contains the date of the post that you want to edit, follow it to the right and “Edit” should be the first of a few options that you come across.  Click on that you may need to wait a moment for the server to bring your post up to edit.  I have used it a few times, you  now have the option to show that it has been edited or check the box at the bottom if you don’t want to show that it has been edited.

Hope that helps,

carl ny
    Participant

I don’t have any icons in the date line,none at all.

carl ny

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Participants may not be able to edit. I will see if I can raise the permissions of participants to be able to edit their own posts.

Carl Russell

Or delete them…..

Jean
    Participant

I would like to delete some posts. Is there a way to do that?

Jean

Jeroen
    Participant

The autorisation to delete posts should be with a moderator. If everyone could delete his posts topics could become worthless. I know of forums where it is possible to delete when there has not been a post after yours,

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

I am going to wait until there is a consensus about how we should move forward on the option to delete. Typically deletions are left to moderators to handle though we can open it up to any user to delete their own posts if necessary. I would recommend against this since deleting content can cause confusion. I agree that it should be possible to edit a post that you have made and I’ve enabled editing for a period of time after the post is made. It is important that once posts are left for a period of time they are not changed so the forum remains true.

Jean
    Participant

I am good with that. The posts I wanted to delete were failures for uploading pictures. Just made a mess of the forum with many attempts, but I understand why you don’t want people willy nilly deleting posts.

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

If you have a failed upload of a picture you should be able to edit a post and then try uploading the picture again. If you want some posts deleted you can send a PM to me or an other moderator to take care of for you.

Carl Russell

I am good with that. The posts I wanted to delete were failures for uploading pictures. Just made a mess of the forum with many attempts, but I understand why you don’t want people willy nilly deleting posts.

If you have a failed upload of a picture you should be able to edit a post and then try uploading the picture again. If you want some posts deleted you can send a PM to me or an other moderator to take care of for you.

More good reasons to get at least one moderator (with significant administrative powers) to host the site….. to be on here every day, evaluating posts and directly interacting with participants, to help clean up issues, and to give an active face to the site…. 🙂

Carl

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.