Every thing you need to know and a bunch BS

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Stories, Poetry, Jokes, Etc. Every thing you need to know and a bunch BS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Iron Rose
    Participant

My daughter has been after me for years to write down a bunch of stories, Home Remedies , and experinces I have aquired in the last 40 odd years of shoeing and working horses(both under saddle and harness . Some are true some were told me by others. Hope they bring some enjoyment.

The first is a true story that happened to me when I was a young farrier building bussiness.

FUZZY SLIPPERS

Set up and appointment for a new client for 10 am to trim two horses. She asked if I would call her a half hour early so she could catch the horses. Now she must have been in a hurry to get dressed because when I got there. I was greated by a fairly large women dressed in a bright flowerey house coat, hair up in curlers. and wearing big hot pink fuzzy slippers.

I interduced myself and that about the last thing that I said. She started talking and never quit, tell me how they happened to get the horses. Seems a friend had given them the horse to use as long as they wanted . Although they could never sell them.

Tied to the fence were two bay horses with enough rope to hang ten horses. Fuzzy Feet kept talking about the baby, I could see that the old mare was still lactating but no colt in sight. Turns out that the five year old was still nursing. The lady says that if we do mama first and let baby watch then she will be good. Well mama was not to bad to do do baby though was not paying attention. Having her feet trimmed was not what she wanted done. Fuzzy Feet was whispering sweet nothings in her ear to get her to settle down. I finaly convinced her that if I put a twitch on her I could get the job done. She said that her and her daghter would have to leave because it would upset them to much to see baby in pain( felt like saying better baby than me). When she left I put a lip chain on her to get her attention and she stood for the job. When Fuzzy got back I told her that the twitch was not nessary and Baby stood . This put me in good with her since I didnt hurt baby.

Always amazes me that people with know knowledge of horses, always have friends that know less. Such was the case with Fuzzy Slippers. Her husband was transfered out of down so they found another couple to take the horses. Trouble was I was included in the deal. The new owners called me to come cut the horses one would be at the stud being bred and the other was at home. Met them at the stud farm and as they are catching the horse the stud owner asked what kind of people are the owners. Dont know I said never met them before why!! Well they rode the mare over to be bred, but said that they had better get home because the baby would me scared. Seeing that the mare was lactating he told them that they couldnt leave the colt alone for a week so he would come over with his trailer and get the colt. By now I cant control myself from laughing , because I knew the rest of the story.

manesntails
    Participant

Oh Man!!! We need a smily roflhao!!

I would LOVE to be there hiding when that guy came over to pick up the Baby!

OMG, THAT is FUNNY!!

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

😀 (and this is just his first one….)

J-L
    Participant

Great story. You can’t make up stuff that good!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.