Examples of Animal Power

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Other Working Animals Examples of Animal Power

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell

Just thought there should be a space where discussion of other uses of animal power can occur. I know that there are a few folks who would like to advocate uses that tend to be outside of the average discussion. Please feel free. Carl

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

I am going to try to post a photo of some friends grinding sorghum cane this last fall deep in the mountains of North Carolina. The fellow feeding the mill is Andy Bennett of Marshall, N.C. The student photographing this rare cultural event is from Mars Hill College. The Sorghum turned out pretty good, despite using methods well over a hundred years old, including the mill. The horse was just a two year old, Blue Roan.

Roy
    Participant

We also make sorghum but we use our oxen. I have a larger 2 horse mill made around 1900. The pan we cook in is copper and also built around the same time. The few of us who still make syrup use old equipment because nothing new is available.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does my haughtiness offend you?Don’t you take it awful hard’Cause I laugh like wow gold I’ve got gold minesDiggin’ in my own back yard.You may shoot me with your words,You may cut me with world of warcraft gold your eyes,You may kill me with your hatefulness,But still, like air, I’ll rise.(sell wow gold)Does my sexiness upset you?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.