Fair price on McCormick Deering Cultivator

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jpaviemore
    Participant

Hi-

We’re building up our horse equipment and were wondering about fair prices on riding cultivators, specifically IH and McCormick Deerings.

Thanks!

Jared Phillips

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by jpaviemore.
    Mike Rock
    Participant

Around here, in southwest Wisconsin, I get them for from $125 to $350. Latest two were JD’s, good tongues, for $250 each. Good shape!

jpaviemore
    Participant

Thanks, Mike! I’ve found not too far from me that seems to be in good shape, with a steel tongue and eveners, for 350. Trying to decide if I want to buy it–first one I’ve seen come up close to me that’s all there.

dominiquer60

A brand new one from Crossroads will cost you $1,800 (all new parts). I purchased mine for $175 in barely used shape, it was a find. Crossroads will pay $200 to $250 for a “parts” quality machine, so $350 and ready to use is reasonable for sure.

Jay
    Participant

I second Erika’s comment above. Jay

Mike Rock
    Participant

Yup, for that price you are good to go!

jpaviemore
    Participant

Thanks for all the help! I talked the fella down to 300 and will bring it home early next week. Thanks again!

Mike Rock
    Participant

Photos! Remember, without photos it’s just a story!!
    Good deal for you. When you get the points scoured, remember to coat them with grease for next season. Sometimes cultivators are hard to scour…..

jpaviemore
    Participant

You bet, Mike! Here are some photos–we just brought it home this morning. I attached a photo of the serial number as well–I’m trying to figure out exactly which model it is. I think it’s the MD New 4, but I’m not 100% sure (still very new to all the draft powered world).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dominiquer60

You did well, at an auction in Plain clothes territory it would have brought much more. Grease it up and go. Small Farmers Journal offers reprints of the manual, it is worth the $15 bucks, then if you need a part you know the name and number so when you call up Jonathan at Crossroads, he can ship a replacement right out to you.

erika

Mike Rock
    Participant

That is the part number of the main frame casting. I will scan the entire booklet if you or anyone else desires.

Mike

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mike Rock
    Participant

Click on the attached file and see it full sized. Don’t know why it does not show fully when posted.

jpaviemore
    Participant

Thanks everybody! I appreciate all the help!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.