farms for sale in Cental NY

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Market Place Buy/Sell/Lease Real Estate farms for sale in Cental NY

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

It just turns out there are three or four good prospects for a small farms with a mile or two of my place.. In fact they are all more or less touching each other. Here is a cut an paste from one of them. You could easily find more by searching land for sale in Freetown, NY.

Historic Family Farm for Sale, Cortland County, NY
    Unique opportunity to purchase a historic 5 BR farmhouse on 75 acres of fields, pastures and woods in the beautiful rural farming community of Freetown, NY. The farm has remained in the same family for 140 years. Land offers 360 degrees of spectacular rural views and is a short walk away from Hoxie Gorge State Forest and within driving distance of many other State Parks. Neighborhood consists of active small farms, including Northland Sheep Dairy, a grass-fed artisanal cheese operation, and many Amish owned farms. The house, originally built in 1880, features 1,728 SQ. FT of living space and includes two full bathrooms, a fireplace and woodstove. Furnace, well, siding, roof, windows and foundation have been replaced or updated in recent years. The land is currently not under a natural gas lease and the family hopes to sell to ecologically minded stewards who will continue to protect and care for the land by using organic or sustainable farming or gardening practices, as has been done for 140 years. Asking price is $160,000. Wonderful opportunity to purchase a reasonably priced farm just 30 miles from Ithaca markets and the Groundswell Center for Local Food and Farming. For more information and photos, contact family member Violet Stone at 607-339-5014 or email violetwhitney@hotmail.com.

j.l.holt
    Participant

I know where theres a 10ac. sugar bush for sale. cabin/shack…lots of running water

315-276-6239,,,up state new York.

JaredWoodcock
    Participant

Its too bad you guys dont have mountains out there because there are a lot of great deals on nice farms…. but I need mountains

j.l.holt
    Participant

I got mt. steep enough you cant walk/climb up no logging or anything with out big time rope work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.