Finally dry enough to get into the field

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Mules Finally dry enough to get into the field

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    houstonmule
    Participant

Had a great day with the mules today. It’s the first time that they have worked together outside. We’re dragging this field to spread out the manure piles and give the mules a nice light workout.

[IMG]mulesdragging010.jpg[IMG]mulesdragging007.jpg

jac
    Participant

Thats a real nice team you have.. and the hitch cart is interesting, Did you build it yourself ? ..
    John

houstonmule
    Participant

@jac 26520 wrote:

Thats a real nice team you have.. and the hitch cart is interesting, Did you build it yourself ? ..
    John

The cart is a “Teamster 2000”. The company was in business about 10 years and ended in about 96. This unit sat outside about 18 years and was all rust. We worked on it for a month. It has 2 drive chains that turn a PTO at 500 rpm and a cat 1, 3 point hitch opperated by a deep cycle battery and a foot pedal.

Ronnie Tucker
    Participant

that is very southern harness you are using.that is my favorite type.you dont see that style much but in middle tn.it is getting hard to find people who make it anymore.four inch flat breeching is very strong and durable.this style is how the wheel harness was made for the jerkline teams that the army used and the conestoga wagon teams. ronnie tucker tn logger

houstonmule
    Participant

@Ronnie Tucker 26527 wrote:

that is very southern harness you are using.that is my favorite type.you dont see that style much but in middle tn.it is getting hard to find people who make it anymore.four inch flat breeching is very strong and durable.this style is how the wheel harness was made for the jerkline teams that the army used and the conestoga wagon teams. ronnie tucker tn logger

Thanks, I bought in Tennessee. Very different from what people see here in Alberta. When I put the collar housings on and the spotted name plates on eack mule they really look sharp. I was goint to take them into town later this day but decided I’d had enough. They’ll work in thier old harness in the fields from now on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.