Forecarts

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    mcm
    Participant

This photo shows the back. This coop has extended arms for the wheels and rolls better than the ones with shorter arms.

In general, it seems like it would be easier to manage if the connection to the tower (i.e., whatever is towing it – hopefully horses soon) were rigid, rather than pulling by the cable which allows the coop more freedom of movement than is good.

The coops work really well, and allows for pasture fertilization without the use of fossil fuels, except when I’m towing uphill.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by mcm.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    mcm
    Participant

Also, I’m wondering if larger diameter wheels would make it roll more easily. But, that has its drawbacks when pulling downhill. When I’m pulling by hand on a really steep grade, sometimes the coop will move a little too much, a little too fast, and I’m afraid if it rolls too easily it’s going to knock me down.

JaredWoodcock
    Participant

I have dragged my share of coops like that around, they will be a pretty good spook machine for horses. Instead of wheels I cut a curve in the end like a backwards ski. when you lift the front of the coop it will ride on those “backwards skis” and keeps the rear horizontal rail from catching on things. Seems to ride better for me than with wheels.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.