Garbage collection

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gwpoky
    Participant

I know allot of you have seen the article and news interview with Pat and Cathy Palmer in Bristle,VT, has anyone else looked at this in your own communities? There are allot of communities where this would be viable. Because of the stop and go nature of this job it makes allot of sense to use horses.

Thanks

bendube
    Participant

That sound fascinating. Can you provide a link??

dominiquer60

It sounds like and even better job for cattle that work well off of voice command in dense population areas.

Jeroen
    Participant

Here in France there are some 300 communities collecting garbage with horses, watering flowers, etc. In this link some pictures of the state of the art wagon they use in the north of France. Text is French, but the images/videos may be handy.

http://hippotese.free.fr/blog/index.php/post/2011/11/18/VEOLIA-PROPRETE-experimente-une-remorque-hippomobile-de-collecte-de-dechets-en-aluminium-et-materiaux-composites

irish
    Participant

jeroen I was thinking about the French ones, on another note I find that it is easer picking stones by horse as I don’t have to jump in and out of a cab and I can pick and drive at the same time

gwpoky
    Participant

This is the news story you can also Google for an article.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.