Good Anti NAIS video clip

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Off Topic Discussion Good Anti NAIS video clip

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

This is a good site to learn more about NAIS. Maybe it is something folks can share with those that are not aware of this issue or on the fence about it or maybe even pro animal identification.

I hope I haven’t already posted this somewhere else on the DAP site.

http://www.libertyark.net/NAIS-new/NAIS%20Clip/#

dominiquer60

Jason,

I love when you being this topic up, it make my blood boil and I all too often think about what it could mean for our future. I can only hope that with budget restraints this will soon become a dead issue, but money is involved so I am reminded that money does talk. Although ID is not federally mandated yet, gun-ho state like NYS have their own invasive mandated premises registration that there is no getting out of. Of course they did this quietly without making any waves until it was too late. I really like the state vet and vet tech that I have to deal with as the poultry superintendent at my county fair. However I may eventually resign prematurely because I will refuse to be part of the bureaucratic system if they require more than they currently do. The vet tech was a neighbor where I used to live, she showed up one day to do a mandatory “pig feeder” inspection and the next thing you know APHIS is sending us a premises #. I know she was just doing her job, but knowing 6 other pig owners that didn’t have this happen really gets to me. I could go on for ours about how terrible this plan is, but instead I will give a call and try for the fourth time to become unregistered with the USDA at least, hopefully they will actually send the paperwork this time.

Erika

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.