Good Trade

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jen judkins
    Participant

This isn’t very animal powered related, but its a ‘funny’ that got passed to me today and reminded me of how I traded my husband for a horse more than 10 years ago and it was indeed a ‘good trade’…

“Sally was driving home from one of her business trips in Northern Arizona when she saw an elderly Navajo woman walking on the side of the road.

As the trip was a long and quiet one, she stopped the car and asked the Navajo woman if she would like a ride.

With a silent nod of thanks, the woman got into the car.

Resuming the journey, Sally tried in vain to make a bit of small talk with the Navajo woman. The old woman just sat silently, looking intently at everything she saw, studying every little detail, until she noticed a brown bag on the seat next to Sally.

“What in bag?” asked the old woman.

Sally looked down at the brown bag and said, “It’s a bottle of wine. I got it for my husband.”

The Navajo woman was silent for another moment or two. Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, she said:

“Good trade…..”

Jean
    Participant

That is one of the funniest jokes I have read in a long time. Perfect timing too, I was on the phone with one of my customers who sells wine. Read it to him and he thought it was good enough to post in his store.

Jean

Theloggerswife
    Participant

Though some days I feel it would be a good trade, I think my husband would say the feeling is mutual. Like when I just recently informed him that we will be adding chickens to the farm mix of animals this spring. He maybe a logger, but it is taking him a long time to warm up to the farm animal scene!!!

I did notice that there hasn’t been one response from one man on this thread….Hhhhuuummm???

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

In my case, it’d have been a good deal even if the bottle was empty. {Or so would say the ex-girlfriend}

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.