harness rack

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jac.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jac
    Participant

Here are a few fotos of a 4 up rack I made a while back. Its 1″ and half tubular steel with 1″ and half x 3/4″ timbers. The horse shoes allow me to get my hand in and scoop the harness up and slide it onto my shoulder. The tubular upright is in a box so the whole rack can be swiveled. Wheels and a pull handle will finish it. Works well for us…

mitchmaine
    Participant

hey john, neat rig. clean and simple. can you show us the feet of it?

Marshall
    Participant

Very nice. It beats having hooks on the wall. Now you got me thinking again.

jac
    Participant

Thank you guys..The base is a 3ft x 2ft angle iron frame that I intend to make a shallow tray to hold hoof picks, brushes and the small stuff. Wheels are my next thing so I can pull it around…I suppose it could be made wall mounted with a wide enough space so the collars arnt rubbing the wall..but I like the portable aspect..But hey !!!! Springs here so any more fabricating has to wait for now:D
    John

Marshall
    Participant

I didn’t notice at first but I like the engineering you put into the whip holder. That is pretty slick.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very nice!! I’ve just been using a sawhorse. I’m jelous! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.