Hay Making video

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Here is a brief video of the work we have been doing for the last month. Also a good idea of what we will be demonstrating at our haymaking workshop (9 to 4 Aug 6th) and Demonstration (10 to 3 Aug 7th). The workshop will teach a teamster how to safely operate a mowing machine. This will include how to tune up a machine, and how to avoid plugging. This will be a hands on workshop. You can register at this website! On Sunday the 7th we will demonstrate all the parts of the hay making process. This Demo is cosponsored by NOFA NY and is free, but we will be encouraging folks to join NOFA and DAPNet! See Video here.

Special thanks to the teamsters in the video, Sean Cummings and Lauren Tonti are starting a new farm here – Stone Horse Farm; and Carly Wile is a summer intern from Sterling College, (and she edited the vid!). Also thanks to all the DAPNet board members that have horses in these videos. Jay Fisher’s horse, Zeek the Belgian / Morgan with his head up and Bill West owns the team of Suffolks, Aldo and Sam. With this much help all I needed to do was take pictures! Donn

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster
    JaredWoodcock
    Participant

Did you give your wife some time off from stacking the wagon?

Lookin good, trying to make it out for the workshop!

LongViewFarm
    Participant

I just made a video too Donn, of loose hay. I hope to make it out to the hay making work shop too.

Here’s mine —>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZG0lqb6GYM

(They don’t actually load that fast)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by LongViewFarm.
    Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

I think Maryrose is of two minds about loading the hay wagons. In years past it has certainly been a point of pride for her, and she has kicked many folks off as she claimed the title for her self. Bu now she realizes some of the benefits of letting others do some of the work.

Jay, your work is going great. I think we should put a track up in your barn!

I had better hurry up and grow some grass so we have something to mow for the workshop!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.