Helping a friend train some mules

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Mules Helping a friend train some mules

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Rod44
    Participant

Another mule update. Just talked with Bob. The mules are doing great has had no issues with them. They drove to town last week, about 8 miles, and tied up to a hitching post (many amish in the area) in the parking lot and went in for breakfast. He said the traffice was terrible on the county road on the way over and back. There is a large quarry on the road and there were a lot of gravel trucks, semi’s, farm tractors with equipement (one of the biggest horse scarer’s) and logging trucks. Nothing bothered them.

Feet were getting worn down so he lifted the feet every day for a few days then took them to the Amish proffessional farrier. They walked right into the building and stood to be trimmed and shod. Did not use the shoeing stocks just tied them with their halter.

They are a good, close to broke, trusting team of mules. I will be going up next week hopefully for a ride and will take somemore pictures.

gunslinger598
    Participant

Over the past couple of years I have seen many reports from Rod44, as well as the another horse Bob had going. They were all top notch stock the kind that many folks would hope to own and drive.

I gave Rod a little friendly static about the not being halter trained part costing extra.:D

I wouldn’t be afraid to buy anything these folks have been using.

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.