hey dont forget about the farm progress days

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events hey dont forget about the farm progress days

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell
    lancek;9852 wrote:
    …And Carl, what I was hinting at is maybe setting up chapters in each state with the people that live in each state that vist this web site and helping them set up demos and co op with each other to learn more about how everybody is doing things out there! It seems that the people in vermount and new hapsire seem to network with each other all the time on this site and Im sure folks in other parts of the country would enjoy this to

LanceK
    I understand what you are getting at. I will take it into consideration how I may be able to do it here.

Carl

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

We are still planning this event. It could be called a “flexible adaptive management style”.

Our purpose is to promote the modern use of draft animals in any capacity possible to help address human needs in life. We do see this as a part of the mission statement of our non-profit that exist as a public charity to serve the public good. (more will be written about this soon)

There is no question the the exchange between presenters and demonstrators will be free and encouraged. We think the event will be small enough that this will be the style of the cultural exchange.

Like most of our lives and this lifestyle – weather will be the determining factor on the public participation and the gate will reflect the weather. People just don’t come to outdoor events in the rain. So everything we be dependent on that reality. We hope to gain enough support from vendors and advance ticket sales to cover the cost of renting the grounds and will just hope for the best otherwise.

We have an understanding that many of the folks that pay to come will just be spectators and they are welcome, the price is the same at the gate and we need the money to send forward to continue the event in this region.

We would hope to express southern hospitality to our visitors and encourage their enjoyment of the presenters, participants, vendors and speakers.

We also are prepared for the inevitable negative criticism of the event. There are always folks wanting to talk down every event in any venue.

We are thankful for all the advice and guidance. Experience is knowledge and those having done this before can surly advise those who are planning similar efforts in the future.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.