HHFF on RH on RFD-TV

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

12:00 am or midnight is the air time….oh well.

This episode will feature safe directional timber felling, horses, mules and oxen, logging and practicing “restorative forestry” in the forest of central Appalachia in southwestern Virginia.

If you can’t stay up that late set your recorder or get a copy of the DVD from RH.

Hope everyone enjoys it. The interviews are always interesting to hear why people do this work. The interview in this segment is with the ox drover, Kyle Hager. I think many of the oxen folks on this board will enjoy it.

Let us know what you think. Thanks for watching.

Sincerely,

Jason Rutledge

Thanks to Rural Heritage Magzine for all they do for the culture of modern animal powered practices.

jen judkins
    Participant

Jason…Awesome show! I have Rural Heritage on Tivo now, thanks to you and found it on my list today. I was completely amazed by the felling of that big tree, step by step…wonderful educational information! Nice Job!

BTW, I will never think of a ‘hari chrisna’ the same again!:D

J-L
    Participant

I enjoyed the show also. As Jen mentioned, the Hari Krishna fellow was a surprise. He sure don’t remind me of the ones at the airport! Nice team of oxen.
    It’s too bad we can’t get more air time for programs like this that show the nuts and bolts of working animals. In the short time slot allowed, if you take out the front and back end of them, you only have 15 minutes of program left. Hardly enough to get anything accomplished. You need an hour.
    Still enjoyed it and look forward to more.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.