Hoof Care for the Working Horse

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events Hoof Care for the Working Horse

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brad Johnson
    Participant

On Saturday April 2, 2016 I will be offering a one day primer workshop focused on hoof care for the working horse. We will have my team to work on and we will be pulling a set of winter shoes, trimming, and resetting the shoes. Topics covered will be what to look for when buying a horse, care of hooves when bare and shod, barefoot trimming, shoe options, shoeing tools and techniques, and more. This session is not designed for those with extensive experience, i.e. farriers, but rather for teamsters who wish to take on the responsibility of caring for their animals’ hooves. The event will be held here in Randolph Center, VT at our farm, and will run from 9 AM-3PM. Cost is $50 and participation will be limited to 8 folks so that everyone can have a chance to get involved. Call Brad (802-345-7488) or email (brad@alltogetherfarm.com) to sign up. Pack a lunch, bring your interest, and come join us!

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Brad, That is a great program. We will make sure it is listed on our Community events calendar. Hoof care training can be hard find for a beginning teamster. Donn

dominiquer60

I know that you are not on facebook, so I posted a link to this thread. I hope it fills up fast for you, it is a great topic to present.

Erika

Carl Russell

Great idea Brad, important topic. You have a good perspective to share from.

Good luck, Carl

Brad Johnson
    Participant

Thanks one and all. Plenty of space still available.
    -Brad

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.