horse wanted for APFD!

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Education horse wanted for APFD!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

For those of you who don’t already know the NEAPFD will be held August 12 – 14th this year in Central Mass. This event will coincide with the NOFA Summer Conference. I believe DAP NET is also looking at organizing a fall get together.

I have volunteered to provide a couple of workshops on “No – Pressure Driving”. I would like to find a horse and owner that would be interested in being subjects I can work with. I plan to do one session focused on introducing the method to a horse, and one on introducing it to a teamster.

The ideal horse could be young or older, and have been trained in ground manors and doing some driving or work. A young horse with little experience would be fine. The main thing I would like to hear is, “My horse is working well, but they are all ways pulling on the bit, I am afraid I might not be able to control them in all situations. I would like it to be easier and more fun to drive. I would like to to work with more confidence, that I have control.”

If interested, please send me a message or give me a call, so we can discuss how well suited your animal would be for this workshop. Thanks, Donn 607-849-4442

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.