Horse(s) Needed

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Horses Horse(s) Needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Colby
    Participant

Hello Fine Folks,

With the death of my Belgian last winter, I’m team-less in Worcester (Vermont). And I’m looking for help in getting me back in business. Currently, I’ve got a 13-year old, 17.1 hand Belgian gelding that I’d be interested in finding a partner for and/or as part of a trade for a team. He’s a great worker — single or double — with most of his experience being in the woods. He’s also done plenty of pleasure work with the sleigh and wagon. He’d be great for a beginner looking to have a single horse to work a wood lot with.

I’ve also got a 13-year old, 16 hand Percheron/Canadian that I’d consider teaming up with a similar sized horse. He’s not for trade/sell, though, because he’s also my daughter’s favorite riding horse.

Finally, I’ve got a 16-month old Belgian colt that is the calmest, most willing colt I’ve ever been around. He’s been on my farm from hour one, touched and handled constantly, and already accepted the bit/bridle in our little training games. I’d consider making him part of a trade to get me closer to my goal of finding a team and/or partner for one of the above mentioned horses.

If you’ve got something in mind, send me an email at: mcolby@broadsides.org. I can also be reached via the phone at (802) 229-6699.

Jean
    Participant

Hi Micheal,

Come to the draft horse auction in New Haven on May 3rd. Rt 17 off Rt 7.

You might get lucky and find the perfect horse.

Jean

jen judkins
    Participant

Well, Mike…I don’t have a seasoned horse to offer, but your 16 month old Belgian might be a great match for my 2 year old. I’m not sure I am ready to commit to another mouth to feed just now, but keep me in mind if you don’t place him. Jennifer. 603-763-5830

Michael Colby
    Participant

Yes, Jean, I’ll be at the auction this Saturday. It’s my annual rite of Spring. Although, I must say, I much prefer to buy equipment — not horses — at the auction. Perhaps that will change this year. See you there…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.